These terms and conditions apply to courses, training, services, and products provided by Claridge Media Limited trading as the Institute for Social Capital (company number 120 170 988) of 31 Bangor Tce, Kew, Dunedin, New Zealand (“INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL” or “we” or “us”).
You may contact us on email@example.com and/or +64 22 018 9043.
- All INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL online courses are open to the general public, however, participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Course duration is effective from the later of:
- the date that the participant receives access to the e-learning materials (course materials); and
- the date upon which INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL receives and processes the participant’s payment for the course fees in full.
- When registering for a course, the participant warrants to INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL that all information provided is complete and accurate.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- The participant’s registration for any online course and or training with INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL constitutes acceptance by the participant of these terms and conditions.
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL reserves the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update these terms and conditions without prior notice. Modifications, alterations or updates shall become effective immediately upon the participant being informed of these modifications, alterations or updates. A participant’s continued engagement with INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL after modifications, alterations or updates are notified constitutes an acknowledgement and acceptance of the modifications, alterations or updates.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Payment must be made via credit card through the INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL website unless otherwise agreed between INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL and the participant. All fees are billed in US dollars.
- The participant accepts that they required to pay the full amount of the course fees even if they do not complete the course.
- All INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL training courses come with a 30-day money back guarantee. A request should be made within 30 days of enrolment and addressed to the INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL’s office in writing at which point we will refund the course fees. Should this 30 day period have expired we, INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL, have no obligation to return any monies paid for course materials or cancel any instalment packages.
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL does not provide refunds if a participant changes their mind about participating in the course.
- It is the participants responsibility to ensure that they meet the system requirements, including compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service, prior to purchasing any content. We are unable to provide refunds where the participant’s access to the courses is inhibited due to insufficient system requirements.
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the course as outlined on the website.
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL reserves the right to make reasonable amendments and updates to the content and syllabus of a course when necessary.
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL’s online courses are intensive, and the suggested duration of the course is to be used as an indication of the amount of time required to complete the course.
- To ensure participants can successfully participate in INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL online courses, participants should review the performance of their technology.
Copyright & prohibition on plagiarism of course materials
- The participant acknowledges that copyright in all of the course materials is owned by INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL, agrees not to contest such ownership, and agrees to provide written confirmation of its acknowledgement of INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL ownership on request.
- Participants are authorised to use the course materials solely for the purposes of undertaking the course.
- Participants may utilise INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL course materials for their own personal study and educational purposes only, and INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL grants the participant a limited, non-exclusive licence for these purposes. This licence does not include a right to:
- use, reproduce, duplicate, modify, alter, adapt, or amend any such course materials or any of the underlying materials in any way, whether directly or indirectly;
- assert ownership or rights in respect of any course materials and/or;
- disseminate, distribute, or provide course materials to any third party, including within a participant’s organisation and/or to a participant’s employer.
- Without limiting clause 18 in these terms and conditions, participants shall not copy (electronically or in hard copy) any of the course materials or any part of the course materials, or share the course materials or any part of the course materials with any other person.
- Participants shall be liable for any and all loss or damage which may be caused to INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL by:
- the participant’s storage, use, or sharing, of the course materials or part thereof; and;
- the storage, use, or sharing, of the course materials or part thereof, by any other person where that person acquires the course materials from the participant or via access to the participant’s account where that access was achieved due to an act or omission by the participant
- Without prejudice to clause 20 in these terms and conditions, the participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL from and against all costs, claims, demands, liabilities, expenses (including legal expenses), damages or losses arising out of or in connection with any act, omission, default, or breach of its obligations to INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL, in respect of the course materials.
Limitation of Liability
- While all reasonable care will be taken in the preparation of the course materials, INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL accepts no liability whatsoever for any consequence (direct or indirect) as a result of the use of the course materials. The participant indemnifies INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL (and INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL officers, employees and agents) from any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage suffered or caused by reason of the participants use of the course materials.
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL’s website/s may contain links to other websites or resources over which INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL do not have control (External Websites). INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL are not responsible for, and make no representations or warranties in relation to, the content of such External Websites, and such links do not constitute an endorsement by INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL of the content contained in those External Websites. A participant’s use of External Websites is at their own risk and is subject to the terms and conditions of use and privacy policies located on those External Websites.
Information and Privacy
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL will make reasonable efforts to keep any information on participants secure and to ensure INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL employees or agents who have access to this information do not conduct any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
- For the purpose of facilitating the efficient running of INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL, the participant authorises INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL:
- to collect all information INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL may require from any third parties and the participant authorises those third parties to release that information to INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL;
- to hold all information given by a participant or any third parties to INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL; and
- to use that information, including giving information to any other person to facilitate collection of debts from a participant.
- The information will be collected, held and used on the condition that:
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL will use reasonable endeavours to hold it securely; and
- it will be accessible to any of the INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL employees and agents who need access to it for the efficient running of INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL; and
- a participant may request access to and correction of it at any time.
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL may send a participant information such as newsletters, updates and other material that may be relevant or of interest to a participant. Unless a participant informs INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL otherwise, INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL will assume that the participant agrees to receive this information.
Waiver and Forbearance
- All INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL’s rights will remain in full force despite any delay in enforcement under these terms and conditions. INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL will not be deemed to have waived any right unless that waiver is in writing and signed by a duly authorised officer of INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL. Any waiver will apply only to the particular matter in respect of which it is given.
- INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CAPITAL and the participant agree that these terms express the complete agreement between them in relation to the relevant online course. There has been no representation made by either party to the other except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.