Social Capital Research & Training (the ‘Licensee’) will consider publishing this article, including any supplementary information and graphic elements therein (e.g. illustrations, charts, moving images) (the 'Article').
Headings are for convenience only.
Grant of Rights
In consideration of the Licensee evaluating the Article for publication, the Author grants the Licensee the exclusive (except as set out in clauses 3, and 4, and sub-licensable right, unlimited in time and territory, to copy-edit, reproduce, publish, distribute, transmit, make available and store the Article, including abstracts thereof, in all forms of media of expression now known or developed in the future, including pre- and reprints, translations, photographic reproductions and extensions.
Furthermore, to enable additional publishing services, such as promotion of the Article, the Author grants the Licensee the right to use the Article (including the use of any graphic elements on a stand-alone basis) in whole or in part in electronic form, such as for display in databases or data networks (e.g. the Internet), or for print or download to stationary or portable devices. This includes interactive and multimedia use as well as posting the Article in full or in part or its abstract on social media, and the right to alter the Article to the extent necessary for such use. The Licensee may also let third parties share the Article in full or in part or its abstract on social media and may in this context sub-license the Article and its abstract to social media users. Author grants to Licensee the right to re-license Article metadata without restriction (including but not limited to author name, title, abstract, citation, references, keywords and any additional information as determined by Licensee).
If the Article is rejected by the Licensee and not published, all rights under this agreement shall revert to the Author.
Author retains the following non-exclusive rights for the published version provided that, when reproducing the Article or extracts from it, the Author acknowledges and references first publication on the Social Capital Research & Training website according to current citation standards. In any event the acknowledgement should contain as a minimum, “First published the Social Capital Research & Training website”.
- to reuse graphic elements created by the Author and contained in the Article, in presentations and other works created by them;
- the Author and any academic institution where they work at the time may reproduce the Article for the purpose of course teaching (but not for inclusion in course pack material for onward sale by libraries and institutions);
- to reuse the published version of the Article or any part in a thesis written by the same Author , and to make a copy of that thesis available in a repository of the Author(s)’ awarding academic institution, or other repository required by the awarding academic institution. An acknowledgement should be included in the citation: “Reproduced with permission from Social Capital Research & Training”; and
- to reproduce, or to allow a third party to reproduce the Article, in whole or in part, in any other type of work (other than thesis) written by the Author for distribution by a publisher after an embargo period of 12 months.
Warranties & Representations
Author warrants and represents that:
- the Author is the sole copyright owner or has been authorised by any additional copyright owner(s) to grant the rights defined in clause 2,
- the Article does not infringe any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, database rights or trade mark rights) or other third party rights and no licence from or payments to a third party are required to publish the Article,
- the Article has not been previously published or licensed,
- if the Article contains materials from other sources (e.g. illustrations, tables, text quotations), Author has obtained written permissions to the extent necessary from the copyright holder(s), to license to the Licensee the same rights as set out in clause 2 and has cited any such materials correctly;
- all of the facts contained in the Article are according to the current body of research true and accurate;
- nothing in the Article is obscene, defamatory, violates any right of privacy or publicity, infringes any other human, personal or other rights of any person or entity or is otherwise unlawful and that informed consent to publish has been obtained for all research participants;
- nothing in the Article infringes any duty of confidentiality which Author might owe to anyone else or violates any contract, express or implied, of Author. All of the institutions in which work recorded in the Article was created or carried out have authorised and approved such research and publication; and
- the signatory who has signed this agreement has full right, power and authority to enter into this agreement on behalf of all of the Authors.
- Author shall cooperate fully with the Licensee in relation to any legal action that might arise from the publication of the Article, and the Author shall give the Licensee access at reasonable times to any relevant accounts, documents and records within the power or control of the Author. Author agrees that the distributing entity is intended to have the benefit of and shall have the right to enforce the terms of this agreement.
Changes of authorship, including, but not limited to, changes in the corresponding author or the sequence of authors, are not permitted after acceptance of a manuscript.
Author agrees that the Licensee may retract the Article or publish a correction or other notice in relation to the Article if the Licensee considers in its reasonable opinion that such actions are appropriate from a legal, editorial or research integrity perspective.
This agreement shall be governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of New Zealand. The courts of New Zealand shall have the exclusive jurisdiction.